Alexander Global Logistics (AGL) completed a challenging delivery during Christmas. A 300-ton press machine along with its accessories was transported to the Port of Hamburg.The press machine was transported on trailers to the port from the pick-up location in Sulzemoos, in the South of Germany. Once at the port, the entire consignment was stuffed into containers for further delivery to India at the end of January. The entire cargo consisted of:
- Plate: 4.11m x 4.20m x 1.94m, 48 tons
- Machine Bed: 10.10m x 4.0m x 0.80m, 40 tons
- Plate – 1: 3.8m x 3.56m x 1.08m, 84 tons
- Plate – 2: 4.47m x 4.30m x 1.08m, 94.8 tons
- Plasticizing: 10.5m x 1.8m x 2m, 20 tons
- Syringe Bed: 11.6m x 2.92m x 2.56m, 20 tons
One of the main challenges was completing this transport during Christmas at the end of December. Another challenge was due to COVID-19, a police escort had to be confirmed for a special day and night delivery due to the load of the cargo. These permissions took two days which caused a delay. In the end, AGL is proud to have delivered the cargo on time and without any incidents.